Lia Sophia sold products with lifetime guarantee and won't honor it.
I purchased a cute ring from Lia Sophia with a lifetime guarantee on it.
I've worn it approximately 5 times total and one of the crystals has fallen out and another looks like it's about to. That means I can no longer wear this ring that was really overpriced to begin with. Lia Sophia refuses to honor the guarantee, which is one of the reasons I felt comfortable purchasing this ring in the first place. Unethical business practice.
Their new online "outlet" store does not offer the same guarantee and when I reached out to the company, I received the following email:
Thanks for reaching out to us earlier.
lia sophia closed their direct selling business as of December 28, 2014.
We no longer accept returns or exchanges for purchases through the direct sales network, as the lifetime replacement guarantee that was offered with purchases prior to this date is no longer valid.
We currently offer an Outlet site at www.shopliasophia.com, where you can find the great styles you love at incredible prices. Many of the same products are still available at a significant discount.
All sales at the Outlet are final and do not come with a lifetime replacement guarantee.
We apologize for the inconvenience. Please feel free to reach out with any further questions, and we look forward to hearing from you again soon.
In other words, I'm free to purchase the defective ring again, at a more reasonable price. But other than that, too bad.
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Fake lifetime warranty
- Overpriced jewelry
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Please see my first email Hello I called the Bristol store yesterday regarding a problem with my bangle I had my bangle from my mum New years Day she purchased this is Australia..."
- "I started seeing pictures of these lockets on my Facebook news feed in early 2013 and was intrigued. I thought the idea of a locket with charms was adorable..."
- "I ordered a 49er ring for my wife's birthday in Ocotber, when it said 4-6 weeks for delivery. When I didn't hear from them, they said that due to the..."
- "Different people twice tried to send me funds via ClearXChange. Each time, I was asked to register, and then the link said my CapitalOne bank was a partner, and then..."
- "Bosch Washing Machine under Sears Maintenance Agreement - washer is likely 10 years old, the main bearing went out just after Thanksgiving (November) 2016 - unable to use washer until..."
- "My wife and I were traveling and attempted to use the tv.xfinity.com feature - unfortunately, after logging in, I kept getting error when trying to play recordings/tv/ondemand/anything - I called..."
- "I ordered flowers for my mother to be delivered to her office and they look terrible. Not even close to the picture and absolutely tacky. There are only a few..."
- "I have been trying to log in from CNN and other TV station own app But it keeps saying I am not subscribed , which is not true. I have been tossed..."
- "I had sold a large White purse with gold spikes to KV a seller/Buyer on Poshmark website along with a matching wallet. The buyer took my items and never sent..."