Lia Sophia sold products with lifetime guarantee and won't honor it.
I purchased a cute ring from Lia Sophia with a lifetime guarantee on it.
I've worn it approximately 5 times total and one of the crystals has fallen out and another looks like it's about to. That means I can no longer wear this ring that was really overpriced to begin with. Lia Sophia refuses to honor the guarantee, which is one of the reasons I felt comfortable purchasing this ring in the first place. Unethical business practice.
Their new online "outlet" store does not offer the same guarantee and when I reached out to the company, I received the following email:
Thanks for reaching out to us earlier.
lia sophia closed their direct selling business as of December 28, 2014.
We no longer accept returns or exchanges for purchases through the direct sales network, as the lifetime replacement guarantee that was offered with purchases prior to this date is no longer valid.
We currently offer an Outlet site at www.shopliasophia.com, where you can find the great styles you love at incredible prices. Many of the same products are still available at a significant discount.
All sales at the Outlet are final and do not come with a lifetime replacement guarantee.
We apologize for the inconvenience. Please feel free to reach out with any further questions, and we look forward to hearing from you again soon.
In other words, I'm free to purchase the defective ring again, at a more reasonable price. But other than that, too bad.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Style and Design|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Fake lifetime warranty
- Overpriced jewelry
You May Also Like
- "Bought a very expensive bracelet from Lia Sophia with lifetime coverage only to discover that the company will no longer honor it although they remain in business. Shame on you..."
- "My boyfriend ordered 2 about 3 weeks ago. He sued western union for the payment . I later saw all the awful reviews and told him what I..."
- "http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/watchismo/xeriscope-the-orbiting-mechanical-automatic-watch This scam watch is going for $350 to $400 on kickstarter right now. Only you can buy the same watch for $80-$90 on ebay and amazon and many other..."
- "I ordered flowers for my mother to be delivered to her office and they look terrible. Not even close to the picture and absolutely tacky. There are only a few..."
- "I live Avalon Bay Community in Plano. May 28, 2015 ar5ound 4:45am I heard a loud noise then another on. I called 911 they came out and we both went..."
- "Ordered a Valentines floral arrangement for my only daughter in college. Paid almost 100 dollars for what I THOUGHT I was buying. An upgrade to their online advertised 'BEST' arrangement..."
- "These outfitters should be shut down due to unsafe practices and placing the public at risk. There place of business is in shambles, failing practically every code, they don't require..."
- "I went to nearby 7-11 at my area blk 641 I grab my stuff and waited for the casher to scan instead of coming to me straight he finish his..."
- "Ridiculous delays in shipping, packaging that is clearly labeled "FRAGILE" on all sides of the box is NOT being taken note of, many packages arrive smashed. I have witnessed drivers..."